Sunday, January 14, 2018

Thank you for the Memories!

Thank you Club Penguin for being a part of my life. Those are the words that I will always repeat in my head whenever I think of my childhood. I have been a part of this Community since May 21, 2007 and there has never been a time where I regret making that decision. Club Penguin has become such a big part of my life that I can't go a day without thinking about it. I have gained a ton of memories from both the game and on this website. Some of my favorite memories from the Club Penguin Community came from all of the different parties that came out every month or so. There were also the xat chat groups that I used to find characters such as Rockhopper and Aunt Arctic with other members of the Club Penguin community. There were other times during the games lifespan where the Domain expired on June 20, 2011 and parents around the world called the company to ask why the game wasn't running. The Club Penguin Team did give out an extra day of being a Member to the accounts that had Memberships attached to them the next day which was nice. While playing the game was fun on its own I wanted to get more attached to the Virtual World so on August 7, 2012 I created this blog based on Club Penguin.

Club Penguin Cheat sites are well known across the community with users such as Saraapril and Trainman1405 being some of the biggest creators. While I did want to make a Club Penguin Cheats website I wasn't the biggest expert when it comes to HTML so I decided to use Blogger as my website service. Most people would see me as another Club Penguin Blogger bringing nothing new to the table as they talked about the same thing. However in the year of 2013 I used to do blog posts that came from the Club Penguin Team in different languages. I ended up having almost 700 blog posts in 2013 alone which was an insane amount of work. To this day I regret not continuing this over time as it brought in a lot of traffic from other countries. Another thing I regret not doing for this blog was creating and Excel Document that displayed all of the words from the Ultimate Safe Chat and its Foreign Counter Parts next to it. I felt like this could of helped players contact one another in different Languages and made the Community a lot bigger. The amount of blog posts decreased between the years of 2014-2016 because of work and school but was increased again in the year of 2017.

The closure of Club Penguin on March 29, 2017 was something that really struck me and millions of other users around the world. During this time I was getting pretty depressed knowing that a piece of my childhood was closing a chapter and opening a new one. I decided to ask Club Penguin if it was possible to go to the company. After many emails and preparation for the trip I finally got to visit Club Penguin Headquarters on July 12, 2017. This trip was totally worth the money I put into it and may have been better if I was there a bit longer. Club Penguin Island was just a Mobile App at the time and is now on Desktop which gives me hope that the community will grow.

My Memories of Club Penguin over the last decade have become some of the best moments of my life. Now I am making this post because this is will be the last blog post on this website and you may be asking why. Well just like I have grown up with Club Penguin I will have to find ways growing up without the game as well. In a couple of weeks I will be going out on a Two Year Church Mission that I have been planning for several years. This is something that I will need to prepare before leaving so I will not be coming back to the Community until early 2020. Part of me believes that the Club Penguin Community will be there at that time and if not then I would like to say thank you for the Memories. You have all been great members of the community and I would like to also thank those who have supported this website by reading my blog posts. Of course I will like to thank the team behind Club Penguin for creating a game that has been a huge part of my life over the years. Finally I will like to give thanks to the co-founders of Club Penguin who are Lance Priebe, Lane Merrifield, and Dave Krysko who all created a Virtual World that would be appreciated by Millions of Fans around the world. Thank you for reading my final blog post and this is Crzypengu saying Waddle On!

1 comment: